I’ve modified this post several times now, but I’m trying to get a feel for my blogging style. A few days ago, I stumbled upon a link to this part of the Open BlueDragon wiki titled “GoogleAppEngine:Datastore.” http://wiki.openbluedragon.org/wiki/index.php/GoogleAppEngine:Datastore
Before reading this, I had been thinking that there had to be an easier way to go about using the GAE Datastore while using Open BlueDragon. While I was parsing through the document I was filled with joy and immediately emailed some of my coworkers, which didn’t quite share my excitement.
car = StructNew(); car["Class"] = "Sedan-Midsize"; car["Make"] = "Audi"; car["Model"] = "A6"; keyString = googleWrite(car, "MyCarLot");
This small snippet of code created a row in the datastore… Simple
Having already setup Open BlueDragon on Google App Engine, it wasn’t too difficult to find an outlet for these recent discoveries.
I developed a simple crud interface that you might see for a content management system. I’ve used Mach-II for every Coldfusion project that I have ever done up to this point, so it felt somewhat liberating to code so lightweight. Here is the code that I fixed up over the next couple hours.